Monday, September 11, 2006

Why?

I am biting the bullet and beginning this blog to get my writing muscles back in shape. I am not sure what I will write about. I don't think I will have a theme. I think I will probably just write about whatever happens to be on my mind at the time I decide to write. I have never kept a journal, so this is a new type of thing for me. I realized I have spent a lot of time this summer writing responses to various blogs I like to read, and posting rants on craigslist, and writing my friends e-mail about what I am up to these days. I have missed writing. I have not done it for a long time, and I feel rusty, and terrified, and exhilarated to be making a commitment to myself to get writing again. For so long my life was such an unending clusterfuck I did not have time to have a cohesive thought, never mind write one down. Now circumstances have shifted, and I have made a lot of choices that have changed my life forever. I feel strong, and like I have kicked a lot of ass and taken a lot of names. I am ready to take a leap of faith in myself and my place in the universe and do something that feeds my soul. Welcome to my world, enjoy the ride.



I've noticed a lot of blogs have closed comments. For now, I welcome all commentary as I need all the help I can get here or by e-mail.

No comments: