Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Terrorist

Regarding the Presidential News Conference Today 10/25/06

Sweet blessed Jesus, I cannot believe this man is the "leader of the free world." It is funny how he keeps saying ideology like he knows what it means. I feel so terrified that this man does not seem to be cognizant of the fact that the American ideology is not acceptable to a lot of people in the world. The apparent need of this administration to inflict the American ideology on the rest of the world is leaving us out in the cold on the international stage. I hope to God this fucker doesn’t get us all blown off the face of the earth before we can get him out of office. Praise Jesus and FDR for term limits.

It frightens me that he says that those who do not support his agenda do not support freedom. Freedom is subjective. The people who live in Iraq live in a part of the world that has a rich and storied history. The United States of America is a whippersnapper compared to most of the other cultures and societies in the world. Just because the people of Iraq do not believe the same things we believe does not mean they are wrong. It just means they are different. As a rule, as a human, on a fundamental level I think we all have an obligation to help anyone we can, whenever and however we can. I do not think it is ok that once we help them we insist they do everything our way. On a larger scale I feel this is what this Administration is trying to do, to force the world to conform to a societal structure that is fundamentally counter to their belief system.

There are a lot of things for which we should all be willing to fight and kill and die. George W. Bush’s ego is not one of them. It is obscene to me that people are separated from their families for inhuman lengths of time, for shit pay, in grave danger. Yes, as in all military conflicts, some people are safer than others, some people are happy as pigs in shit to be away form their families, some are thrilled out of their minds to be able to fight and kill. Most are not. Most are just people who needed to find a way to be able to take care of their families and themselves, most are people who love and believe in our country and feel a duty and obligation to serve our country in the military. We have by far, and unquestionably, the most well trained and equipped military machine in the history of the world. Many of the people in our military do not support our president, his decisions, or the reasons we are involved in this war. They do support us and they do support our country. No matter what you think of our President, or our country, or foreign policy, we all owe a great debt of gratitude if nothing else to the people who protect us.

I did not vote for this man, I do not support his administration. I am a registered undecided. I did not vote for his Dad. I did not vote for anyone who has been President since I have been old enough to vote with one exception. I did vote for Clinton the second time because I did not think it was a good idea to vote a guy out of office for thinking with his dick. If we held philandering and lying about it against people in regard to their career the world would come to a screeching halt. I’m sure I will get on my high horse about that situation one day too, but today is President Dipshit's day to be number one on my rant list.

No comments: