Thursday, October 21, 2010

Knock, knock, knock, Housekeeping!

Several months ago, I decided to let some of my friends and family know about this blog. I “unpublished” lot of stuff before I told them, I did not want to hurt anyone with my more evil thoughts. It seems like when you write like this, you are censored because you do not want to hurt people, or let people know some things about you. You do not want someone to latch onto a fleeting thought as gospel, or to hurriedly skip over the sacred secret of your heart.

The other day I told one of my sisters I really regret telling people about my writing here since I pretty much stopped writing at all since then. She said, “start writing again somewhere else.” Well, I don’t wanna do that.

Before I outed myself to my peeps, I was using names for them. I am pretty sure nobody would be upset at what I called them, except for two of my sisters. One, I actually call her what we all call her behind her back. But it is not nice, so I have to think of something else. The other, it is something I have called her in real life, it is not nice, but when I began to write this blog, it was the dominant feeling I had about her. I ended up shortening it, but, still, not nice. So I need to think of something better for them.

I guess I also need to make up a cast of characters, so when I talk about people anybody who reads it knows who the hell I am talking about.

Finally, in an effort to begin writing regularly again, I am going to jump the “30 Days of Truth” bandwagon, and start getting my writing muscles going again with that.

P.S. The tongue thingy - well, the oral surgeon said it was a benign fibroma. So, nothing to worry about. I did manage to somehow pull out the stitches almost immediately when I fell asleep due to pain killers, but it was no big deal. My tongue looks way better now, I do not have this weirdo looking growth anymore. I am sure some people must have thought I had some freako STD. I was very self conscious about it, and am glad it is gone.

No comments: