Friday, November 30, 2007

For Lori

I do not usually respond to comments, but today is an exception.
I logged into my e-mail for this blog for the first time in a long time. In there was a comment about my "Today Sucks" post that I wrote on Mother’s Day. I consider it more than a coincidence that according to the time stamp on the comment it arrived on my Mom’s birthday.


Thank you for writing. I am glad that it was helpful. I want you to know that I am thinking of you, and that you will really be ok.

You will not feel ok for a long time, but one day you will realize that not only do you feel like yourself again, but that you feel like a new improved kicked a lot of ass took a lot of names version of yourself.

Everything you feel is ok, it is normal, and you are entitled to have all the feelings you have.

A lot of people will say a lot of stupid shit to you. They mean well, try not to kick them.

This is a secret club; nobody talks to you about it until you are in it. You will often be surprised at the comfort you receive, as well as its sources.

Lastly, people will have different ways of dealing with this. Try to be gentle with yourself and others for the differences in how you each handle this situation.

My sincere condolences go out to you by way of cyber space, remember to take care of yourself.

No comments: